Benefits of Premarital Counseling
- Expectations for the relationship for the here and now and future
- Expectations for family-of-origin involvement
- Identify current communication barriers and constraints
- Exploring role models for healthy relationships
- Identify boundaries in the relationship and fostering trust
- Determine healthy self-care and individual activities for each person in the relationship
- Financial spending styles and expectations.
- Household responsibilities, including finances, house chores, etc.
- Assess the role of friends and other support systems
- Examine spiritual values and finding common ground
- Determine the role of sex in the relationship and how to increase sexual satisfaction
- Assess parenting beliefs and whether or not to have children
Listen to Dr. Eli talk about important issues to discuss with your partner before marriage.
Pre-marital Questions Part 1
Pre-marital Questions Part 2
Pre-marital Questions Part 3
Pre-marital Questions Part 4
Pre-marital Questions Part 5
You schedule the dates and times that work for you. Each of the 50 minute sessions is designed to address the array of topics above and help create a positive start to a new life course with your significant other.